Monday, August 25, 2008

Que Sera Sera

A few months ago, a friend invited me to join facebook. Though a bit ignorant, I signed up. That was the only thing I did … the account was idle for so long, I didn’t take the initiative to explore further.

Last week, while I was on my annual leave, I received few messages from old friends who are also on facebook.. Internet connection at home was down for a few days thanks to streamyx. ..and since I don’t fancy reading long messages and browsing thru my blackberry I decided to wait until today.

This morning, when I finally logged on to facebook, I saw this…


This photo was taken way back in 1977, when I was in Primary One.


I showed it to a friend in the office and she can hardly recognize me.
.. when I reached home, I logged on to face book and ask my girls to identify me… but they did not recognize me either. They pick another girl.

When I told them that I am the little girl in the Kadazan costume, they looked at me puzzled.. and said: mum, you look …so … different.

I decided to show them another one …

six from left - blue skirt


They were confused…. Mum, you look … so … black…

We laughed …
...well my girls, that was many, many years ago …...when I was just a little girl.

...and .. yea
When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.



14 comments:

whimsical said...

astaga anies, sweet sweet memory of childhood kan.terrer o kamu berposing pegang hula hoop lagi o!

Anonymous said...

ya Whimsy, I forgot that we ever berposing gini o, until I saw this photo

Anonymous said...

really sweet anies hehe ..mmg u look so different

Anonymous said...

ya different kan..LOL. Nasib lah juga kan Cay putih sikit sudah saya sekarang.

JPP Papa said...

hahahahhaa.. que sera sera indeed!

don't mind i comment here ok. You look totally different. Unbelievable!

Carolyn said...

eehhh so good you still have your old pix anies, sweet memories masa budak2 bah kan..

Zaiton Yunus said...

Astaga nak...2nd pic tu betul2 ndak cam which one is you...I thought ko salah post gambar lagi...

...over time jadi beautiful swan suda...

Anonymous said...

jpp papa - yes que sera sera, unbelievable kan 30 years later. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Carol - ya lucky a friend posted d pics in Facebook, otherwise I lupa sudah tu. I misplaced my copy.

Do you recognise the boy yang pakai baju cow boy tu?

Anonymous said...

Swan ye? .. Hmm... I like.

... cos I never dreamed there could be so much happiness, when I was the ugly duckling. Hahaha ...

Anonymous said...

wah wee.. reminds me of myself juga bah..'the ugly ducling'.. and 'la soy a betty '.. yes qua shera shera...
there were times if feel down.. masa duuuulu.. my mummy always say 'you are pretty bah'.. it lift up my spirit.. and thats what i say to my daughter skarang.. siok oh kan..
you look cute bah.. and now..very pretty

Anonymous said...

Ya itu la bah kan Shirl, we never know our future.

But hey, u watch juga the Betty La Fea telenovela? Syiok o kan..

FloDawn said...

Me oso cannot pin-point which one was u in both pic ooh hehe.

Anonymous said...

flodawn, haha... itulah bah. Even my hubby pun tidak kenal yang mana satu me.